Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 large broiler/fryer, quartered
- 10 to 12 small white onions, peeled
- ½ pound whole mushrooms
- 1 tsp prepared minced garlic
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 10 to 12 small new potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 can chicken broth (10 oz)
- 1 cup burgundy wine
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- In skillet, brown chicken quarters on both sides and set aside.
- Place white onions, whole mushrooms, garlic and thyme in oblong slow cooker.
- Add chicken quarters, potatoes, chicken broth and a little salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- During last hour, turn heat to high add burgundy and continue cooking.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon over chicken before serving.