Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Moroccan chicken recipe mixes the spicy with a hint of fruity sweetness. trust me, once you sample it you'll want more! This recipe serves 4 to 6.
- 2 chickens, quartered
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of saffron
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Firstly, mix the herbs and the lemon zest in a small bowl and set to one side.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and then add the chicken.
- Each piece of chicken has to be evenly covered with the seasoning for the desired effect.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat the grill, making sure it is on a high heat, and then put the chicken under it.
- Reduce the heat to medium after 5 minutes and the turn the chicken over every 2 minutes after that.
- Do this for about 15 minutes, or until evenly cooked.
- Reduce the heat to low and leave the chicken there for 10 minutes.
- Serve whilst piping hot with salad or couscous.