Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound boned and skinned chicken breast strips
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 x 8-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- ½ teaspoon tarragon
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 3 fresh tomatoes, peeled and cut into eighths
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Dredge chicken in cornstarch seasoned with salt, thyme, and pepper.
- Cook chicken in butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat until brown on all sides.
- Stir in onions and mushrooms; continue cooking 2 minutes.
- Add tarragon, broth and sherry; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes; cover and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Serve over hot rice.
- Garnish with parsley.