- 1 chicken
- 2 onion
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup meat stock
- 2 tbsp madeira or port wine
- 2 or 3 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped greens (herbs)
- lemon slices
- Prepare the chicken, wash and joint it into medium-size pieces, brown in hot butter in a shallow casserole.
- Add finely chopped onion, tomato purée, vinegar, wine, meat stock and seasoning.
- Cover the casserole with a lid and simmer for 1 hours.
- Add sliced tomatoes and cock for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with a slice of lemon on each piece of chicken.
- Sprinkle with chopped greens.