Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 large chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup flour for dredging
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¾ lb (350 g) pearl onions, peeled but whole
- 8 ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup Greek cracked green olives, preferably pitted
- 1 – 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 200 g crumbled feta
- Season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour, tapping off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep, wide skillet or Dutch oven over a high flame and brown the chicken pieces, turning on all sides to cook evenly.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Lower the heat and add the onions.
- Stir until wilted, about 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces back to the pot.
- Pour in the tomatoes, salt and pepper and enough water to come about three-quarters up the way of the chicken pieces.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about 35 minutes.
- Add the olives and the vinegar.
- Sprinkle the feta into the pot, cover, and continue to cook slowly for another 10 – 15 minutes, or until the feta has melted and the chicken is so tender it is nearly falling off the bone.
- Remove and serve.