- 4 French bread
- vegetable cooking spray
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp anchovy paste
- ¼ tbsp ground pepper
- 5 garlic
- 9 cup romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Trim bread crusts and discard.
- Cut bread into 1 inch cubes.
- Place cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Coat cubes with cooking spray; sprinkle with garlic powder; toss well.
- Bake at 350f for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over med- high heat until hot.
- Add chicken halves; saute 6 minutes on each side or until well done.
- Remove chicken from skillet; let cool.
- Cut chicken across the grain into thin slices; set aside.
- Combine lemon juice and next 5 ingredients in container of an electric blender.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Add ¼ cup of the lemon juice mixture to the chicken; toss gently to coat.
- In a large salad bowl, place the lettuce.
- Drizzle remaining lemon juice mixture over lettuce and toss well.
- Add the chicken mixture and cheese, and toss gently to coat.
- Serve with croutons.
Nutritional information Edit
Calories per 1½ cup serving: 25