Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Prevention magazine
- Serves: 4
- 1½ lb skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- ½ cup dry white or red wine
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- black pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked whole wheat pasta
- minced fresh parsley
- Coat a large no-stick skillet with no-stick spray.
- Warm the skillet over medium heat.
- Season both sides of the chicken with the Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Add to the skillet and cook over medium heat, turning once, for about 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the onions, green peppers and garlic to the skillet and saute for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the onions are tender.
- Add the tomatoes (with juice), wine and mushrooms.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- If the sauce is too thin, transfer the chicken to a warm dish and set aside.
- Cook the sauce, uncovered, at a brisk simmer for about 5 minutes, or until thick.
- Season to taste with the salt and black pepper.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the pasta.
- Sprinkle with the parsley.
Nutritional information Edit
- 399 Calories | 6% from fat | 47.8g Protein | 3g Fat | 0.7g Sat | 39.9g Carbs | 7.4g Fiber | 99mg Cholesterol | 6mg Iron | 376mg Sodium | 92mg Calcium