Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Schezuan sauce adds heat to this Chinese favorite. Look for it near the soy sauce in grocery stores.
- Fruits and Vegetables Matter by the US Centers for Disease Control and prevention—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 25
- Serves: 4
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Schezuan sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb of boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups of frozen broccoli florets
- 1 x 6-oz package of frozen snow peas
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Mix orange juice, soy sauce, schezuan sauce, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and add chicken.
- Stir fry for about 5–7 minutes.
- Add cabbage, broccoli, snow peas, and sauce mixture.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until vegetables are heated through.
- Serve over brown rice.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
You don’t have to use a wok to cook this great-tasting meal. Use a large skillet instead.