Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when i purchased the family collection from the Blanton estate in Heath, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ white onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup flour
- 9 ounce package frozen artichoke hearts
- ½ pound mushrooms quartered
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup raspberry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon tarragon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in a large non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Meanwhile place chicken breast halves between two sheets of waxed paper and flatten.
- Dredge chicken in flour then shake off excess and sauté chicken eight minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Place artichokes hearts in colander and run cold water over them until they separate.
- Add artichoke hearts and mushrooms to skillet then increase heat and sauté for one minute.
- Stir in stock, vinegar and tarragon then boil mixture for five minutes.
- Stir in salt and pepper then return chicken to skillet.
- Reduce heat and simmer for five more minutes until sauce is syrupy.
- Accompany this dish with egg noodles tossed with chopped parsley.