Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
With fresh green peas, my preference, chicken breasts slathered in a sauce made bright yellow with turmeric is a dish for late spring to early summer. with frozen green peas, it's a dish for fall when the fresh peas have come and gone and the chickens have grown a bit plumper in the breast. Marinating the breasts before cooking adds to the velvety texture because yogurt, as middle eastern cooks know, is a natural tenderizer.
- Contributed by Pressurecookerrecipes Y-Group
- Excerpt from The Pressure Cooker Gourmet by Victoria Wise. ©2003, with permission from Harvard Common Press, 535 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118 www.harvardcommonpress.com
- This Recipe is from the April 2003 Chef of the Month Interview with Victoria Wise.
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- 4 Servings
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large russet potato, cut into ¼-inch-thick rounds
- 1 cup shelled fresh peas or frozen peas
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Mix together the yogurt, turmeric, cumin mustard seeds, salt, and pepper in a dish large enough to hold the breasts in 1 layer.
- Add the breasts and turn to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- Melt the butter in the pressure cooker over medium heat.
- Layer with the potatoes across the bottom, then add the chicken and yogurt mixture.
- Without stirring, lock on the lid and bring to pressure over high heat, 2 to 3minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 3 minutes to finish cooking.
- With the steam vent pointed away from your face, gently release any remaining pressure.
- Transfer the breasts and potatoes to a serving platter and set aside in a warm place.
- Cook the sauce over high heat until reduced and slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and cilantro.
- Spoon over the chicken and serve right away.