Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1¼ pound peppers, red and green, sliced
- pinch of cayenne
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound tomatoes, cored, peeled, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup dry white wine or ¼ cup liquid from canned tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons capers, optional
- freshly ground pepper
- Lightly sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat in a frying pan large enough to hold the chicken.
- Cook the chicken for about 2 minutes until lightly browned on each side.
- Remove from the pan.
- Lower the heat to medium.
- Add the onions and the herbs to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the peppers and cook for about 10 minutes more, stirring often, until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the cayenne and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the garlic and the tomatoes and stir in the white wine.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, turning the chicken once or twice, until it is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a serving platter.
- Stir the capers into the sauce, if desired.
- If the sauce is thin, boil over high heat until reduced.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.