Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1¼ pound peppers, red and green, sliced
- pinch of cayenne
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound tomatoes, cored, peeled, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup dry white wine or ¼ cup liquid from canned tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons capers, optional
- freshly ground pepper
- Lightly sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat in a frying pan large enough to hold the chicken.
- Cook the chicken for about 2 minutes until lightly browned on each side.
- Remove from the pan.
- Lower the heat to medium.
- Add the onions and the herbs to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the peppers and cook for about 10 minutes more, stirring often, until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the cayenne and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the garlic and the tomatoes and stir in the white wine.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, turning the chicken once or twice, until it is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a serving platter.
- Stir the capers into the sauce, if desired.
- If the sauce is thin, boil over high heat until reduced.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.