Contributed by Healthy Recipes For diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Mix 'n Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes
- Yield: 2 Servings
- ¼ peeled onion or 2 tbsp frozen chopped onion
- 1 medium tomato, quartered (about ¾ cup)
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled and seed removed (about ½ cup)
- ½ tbsp lemon or lime juice
- several drops hot pepper sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 6 oz roasted boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips about 2 inches long and ¼-inch wide, or roasted ready-to-eat chicken strips (1½ cups)
- Chop fresh onion in a food processor or add frozen onion,if using.
- Add tomato, avocado, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Process to coarsely chop, leaving chunks of avocado.
- Spread mixture on the two tortillas and sprinkle pine nuts and chicken pieces on top.
- Roll up each tortilla, cut in half, and serve.
Nutrition Info Edit
Per serving (½ of recipe):
- 423 Calories | 16g Fat | 72mg Cholesterol | 309mg Sodium | 35g Carbs | 5g Dietary Fiber | 4g Sugars | 34g Protein
- Diabetic exchanges: 2 Starch | 3 Very Lean Meat | 1 Vegetable | 3 Fat