Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Mix 'n Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes
- Yield: 2 Servings
- ¼ peeled onion or 2 tbsp frozen chopped onion
- 1 medium tomato, quartered (about ¾ cup)
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled and seed removed (about ½ cup)
- ½ tbsp lemon or lime juice
- several drops hot pepper sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 6 oz roasted boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips about 2 inches long and ¼-inch wide, or roasted ready-to-eat chicken strips (1½ cups)
- Chop fresh onion in a food processor or add frozen onion,if using.
- Add tomato, avocado, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Process to coarsely chop, leaving chunks of avocado.
- Spread mixture on the two tortillas and sprinkle pine nuts and chicken pieces on top.
- Roll up each tortilla, cut in half, and serve.
Nutrition Info Edit
Per serving (½ of recipe):
- 423 Calories | 16g Fat | 72mg Cholesterol | 309mg Sodium | 35g Carbs | 5g Dietary Fiber | 4g Sugars | 34g Protein
- Diabetic exchanges: 2 Starch | 3 Very Lean Meat | 1 Vegetable | 3 Fat