Makes 6 servings
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup orange juice
- 3 boned chicken breasts (about 1½ pounds), cut in half
- ½ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ⅓ cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup dry sherry
- ¼ cup seedless raisins
- ⅓ cup sliced stuffed * 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine garlic, parsley and orange juice.
- Pour over chicken; marinate 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Reserve marinade.
- Dry chicken; dredge with flour seasoned with 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken and cook until golden on all sides.
- Remove Chicken from pan. Pour off oil.
- Using same skillet, blend butter and 1 tablespoon of the remaining seasoned flour.
- Stir in broth, sherry, marinade, raisins, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Return chicken to pan. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve over beds of fluffy rice.