Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 stick oleo
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 large can sliced mushrooms
- 1 pkg, (4½ oz) noodles
- salt to taste
- ½ lb Velveeta cheese or 8 oz Cheez Whiz
- 1 small jar stuffed olives, sliced
- Cook chicken until tender.
- Save broth for cooking noodles.
- Cool chicken, bone, skin and cut in bite size pieces.
- Cook onion, celery, and pepper in butter.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Add, mushrooms and chicken.
- Blend gently with mushroom soup adding a little chicken broth if needed.
- Boil noodles in broth; drain.
- Add to sauce, fold gently.
- Pour into 9 x 15-inch greased casserole.
- Top with ritz cracker crumbs or potato chip crumbs.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake 45 minutes at 300°F.