- Makes 6 servings
- 12 choice chicken pieces
- flour, salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 x 10¾-ounce can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 x 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1 cup sour cream
Vegetable rice Edit
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 x 8-ounce can green peas, drained
- 2 tablespoons diced pimento
- Dredge chicken pieces in seasoned flour.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Blend soup, mushrooms and chives; pour over chicken.
- Heat to boiling, cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Carefully blend in brandy and sour cream; heat but do not boil.
- Serve over beds of vegetable rice.