Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 3 chicken breasts, split in half (about 2½ pounds)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 x 4 ounce can sliced mushrooms (drain; reserve liquid)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup brandy
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Cook chicken in butter until golden brown.
- Push chicken to one side.
- Add onion, mushrooms and garlic to skillet.
- Continue cooking until onion is tender.
- Add flour.
- Stir in tomato paste, broth, wine, brandy and mushroom liquid.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Spoon sauce over chicken pieces.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in sour cream and serve over rice.