Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe comes from an Estate Sale and were obtained when The Family Collection from The Wetzel Estate in Plano, Texas was purchased in 1982. Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ⅓ Cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ Cup all-purpose flour
- ½ Cup chopped onion
- ¼ Cup chopped celery
- ¼ Cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 Teaspoons minced garlic
- 16 Ounce can tomatoes, chopped
- 8 Ounces clam juice
- 1¾ Teaspoon Creole Spice
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 3 Chicken breasts, boned, skinned and cubed
- ¼ Cup minced fresh parsley
- 1½ Cups rice
- In a small bowl, combine all spice ingredients then set aside.
- Put oil in a heavy kettle over medium heat
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly for 10 minutes.
- Add onion, celery, green pepper and garlic
- Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, clam juice, 1 teaspoon of Creole Spice, salt and cubed Chicken
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 3 minutes.
- Add parsley.
- Cook rice according to package directions, adding ¾ Teaspoon of Creole Spice to the water.
- Serve rice with Étouffée.