This recipe comes from an Estate Sale and were obtained when The Family Collection from The Wetzel Estate in Plano, Texas was purchased in 1982. Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ⅓ Cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ Cup all-purpose flour
- ½ Cup chopped onion
- ¼ Cup chopped celery
- ¼ Cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 Teaspoons minced garlic
- 16 Ounce can tomatoes, chopped
- 8 Ounces clam juice
- 1¾ Teaspoon Creole Spice
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 3 Chicken breasts, boned, skinned and cubed
- ¼ Cup minced fresh parsley
- 1½ Cups rice
- In a small bowl, combine all spice ingredients then set aside.
- Put oil in a heavy kettle over medium heat
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly for 10 minutes.
- Add onion, celery, green pepper and garlic
- Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, clam juice, 1 teaspoon of Creole Spice, salt and cubed Chicken
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 3 minutes.
- Add parsley.
- Cook rice according to package directions, adding ¾ Teaspoon of Creole Spice to the water.
- Serve rice with Étouffée.