Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yield: Makes 4 to 5 dozen bars
- 1 package dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 3 ½ cups unbleached flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 2 cups cracked wheat or wheat germ
- ½ cup dry milk
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Beat egg with 1 tablespoon milk.
- Dissolve yeast in ¼ cup warm water.
- Add to chicken stock.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add chicken stock mixture.
- Knead on a floured surface for about 3 minutes, working into a stiff dough.
- Roll out to a thickness of ¼ inch.
- Cut into bars or with a cookie cutter.
- Brush with egg/milk wash and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake in 300°F oven for about 45 minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave biscuits in oven overnight.