Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: www2.kelloggs.com
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes | Total Time: 3 Hours 10 Minutes
- Servings: 6 (8 cups)
- 1 can (14 oz) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (1 oz) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1½ cups complete wheat bran flakes, crushed (about 3 cups cereal)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1¼ lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- ¼ lb fully cooked smoked turkey sausage, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1¼ cups instant brown rice
- ½ lb frozen, cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- In 4-to 5-quart crockery cooker, combine undrained tomatoes,broth, cereal, onion, tomato paste, Cajun seasoning and Worcestershire sauce.
- Trim fat from chicken.
- Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Stir chicken and sausage into tomato mixture.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2½ to 3 hours.
- Stir in rice, shrimp and pepper.
- Cover and let stand for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Serve with vegetables, such as sugar snap peas, if desired.
- Note: the shrimp is added near the end of the cooking time because it will get tough if left in the slow cooker for the entire time.
Nutrition Information Edit
Per 1⅓ cups serving:
- 360 Calories | 70 Fat Calories | 8g Total Fat | 2g Sat Fat | 145 mg Cholesterol | 41g Carbs | 6g Fiber | 8g Sugar | 34g Protein