Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 4-ounce can sliced Mushrooms (drain; reserve liquid)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 10-3/4-ounce cans condensed cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 cups chopped cooked Chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- Cook almonds in butter until lightly browned in 10-inch skillet. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Stir in rice, onions and Mushrooms; continue cooking 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add milk, soup, Mushroom liquid, Chicken, salt, pepper, thyme and almonds. Heat to boiling.
- Turn into buttered 2-1/2-quart casserole.
- Cover; bake at 375 degrees 45 minutes or until rice is tender.