Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings, 1½ cups each
- 1 medium onion, cut into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 4 medium red-skinned potatoes, cut into ¼-inch thick rounds
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 boneless, skin less chicken thighs (1½ lbs)
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1½ lbs tomatillos (12 – 16 medium), papery husks removed, rinsed and cut into ¼-inch rounds
- ¼ cup sliced pickled jalapeños, plus 2 tbsp pickling juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a 5-to-6 quart ovenproof Dutch oven with a tight fitting lid, arrange onion slices in a slightly overlapping layer covering the bottom.
- Spread potatoes on top of the onions in overlapping layers and sprinkle with salt.
- Place chicken on top of potatoes, followed by cilantro and a layer of tomatillos.
- Top with jalapeño slices and drizzle with pickling juice.
- Bake the stew, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- More to reduce the juices.
- Serve hot, garnished with cilantro.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving: 275 calories | 9 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono) | 74 mg cholesterol | 24 g carbohydrate | 23 g protein | 4 g fiber | 215 mg sodium