Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chicken, Fruit and Celery Salad from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup chopped apples
- ¼ cup seedless red grapes, halved
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ tablespoon dried dill (or 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped)
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon non-fat sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken, apples, grapes, celery and dill.
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Serve on a bed of mixed greens garnished with slivered toasted almonds.
- Use as a filling with your favorite bread to make a sandwich.