Chicken, Fruit and Celery Salad from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup chopped apples
- ¼ cup seedless red grapes, halved
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ tablespoon dried dill (or 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped)
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon non-fat sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken, apples, grapes, celery and dill.
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Serve on a bed of mixed greens garnished with slivered toasted almonds.
- Use as a filling with your favorite bread to make a sandwich.