Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 2 Servings
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cream sherry
- 1½ cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup half-and-half cream
- 1½ cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken soup base
- Heat oil and butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken on both sides then reduce heat to medium.
- Add lemon pepper, fennel and cream sherry.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked through but not dry.
- When chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside to cool.
- While chicken is cooling, add mushrooms, red pepper, parsley, buttermilk, half and half, water and chicken soup base; stir.
- Tear chicken into bite sized pieces and return them to the soup.
- Heat until warmed through but do not boil, mushrooms and peppers should still be firm.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 221 | Fat 9.5 g | Carbs 13.4 g | Sodium 769 Mg | Fiber 2.9g