Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Pat chicken dry and season with ¾ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat butter in a wide heavy 7- to 8-quart pot over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then brown chicken in 2 batches, skin side down first, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken as browned to a plate.
- Add onion to pot along with oregano and remaining teaspoon each salt and pepper and sauté, stirring, until light golden, about 5 minutes.
- Peel and coarsely grate russet potatoes and add to pot with chicken, broth, and water.
- Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer chicken with tongs to a cutting board to cool.
- Drain cubed yellow potatoes and add to pot.
- Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until cubed potatoes are almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add corn and simmer, covered, until tender, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- While corn is cooking, remove skin and bones from chicken and coarsely shred meat.
- Add meat to pot and heat through.