Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe can be made ahead and frozen
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Mrs. John Marbut, Jr.
- Serve 12 to 15
- 1 stewing hen or equivalent in mixed fryer pieces (5 lbs)
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- ¼ tbsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 3 oz Swiss cheese
- 2 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cans artichokes (14 oz each)
- 3 cans (4½ oz each) button mushrooms
- grated cheese
- Simmer chicken in water seasoned with 1 rib celery, 1 onion, 1 bay leaf and 1 t.
- Remove chicken from bones and cut into large pieces.
- Make cream sauce of butter, flour, milk, stock and seasonings.
- When thickened, stir in tomato sauce and cheeses, cooking until cheese melts.
- Add artichokes and mushrooms, mix all ingredients well.
- Pour into a 3 quart shallow casserole.
- Top with additional grated cheese and paprika.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.