- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- pinch of salt
- 10 black peppercorns
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 4 ounces each
- 1/2 cup non-fat sour cream
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- salt and pepper
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 4 large lettuce leaves (romaine, bibb or green leaf), shredded
For the chicken, apple, and walnuts
- In a large saucepan combine the wine, salt, peppercorns, lemon juice and thyme. Add the chicken breasts and enough water to cover them.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the chicken cool in the liquid.
- In a large bowl, mix the sour cream, apples, celery, red onion and parsley together. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, remove it from the liquid. (Discard the liquid.)
- Cut the chicken into small pieces, add it to the sour cream mixture and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir in the walnuts. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the wraps
- Lay the tortillas out and divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas and spreading it out in the center of the tortilla.
- Divide the shredded lettuce among the tortillas and tightly roll each tortilla into a cylinder, ending with the seam side down.
- Cut the wraps in half on the diagonal and serve.