Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3½ cups mochiko (glutinous rice flour)
- 2½ cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can coconut milk (14 oz)
- potato starch
- In a mixing bowl, sift dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk coconut milk and mix with water.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Divide batter into three equal parts.
- Color first part of batter and pour into greased pan.
- Bake at three hundred and fifty degrees for fifteen minutes.
- Pour second layer on first and bake for twenty minutes.
- Bake third layer for thirty minutes.
- The traditional colors are red, white and green, but you can use any three colors you want.
- It is very important to cover pan tightly with foil while baking! allow the mochi to sit for a few hours before cutting.
- Roll in potato starch and dust off excess before serving.