Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These chewy ginger cookies are soft and delicately flavored.
- Chewy Ginger Cookies from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: 15 minutes prep, 11 minutes baking
- Serves: 48 – 54
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- extra sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 350°F (200°C).
- Cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir in the molasses.
- Combine the baking soda, flour, spices and salt in a separate bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures.
- Shape into small (2cm diameter) balls and roll in granulated sugar.
- Place on greased cookie sheet. Do not flatten balls.
- Bake for about 11 minutes.