Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: 500 Treasured Country Recipes
- Yields: About 4 dozen
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 eggs
- 18 oz (3 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift the flour before measuring, then resift with soda and salt. Set aside (I don't have a sifter, so I measure less in the measure cups and blended it with the baking soda and salt with my hand mixer, which I accidentally burned out this morning trying to mix bread dough. Lol)
- In a large bowl combine the butter, sugars, vanilla and water.
- Beat with an electric mixer about 2 minutes, until creamy.
- Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Gradually add the sifted ingredients.
- Beat with an electric mixer about 2 minutes, until very well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoon fulls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 10 – 12 minutes. Do not over-bake.
- Remove from the oven when the cookies are lightly browned and crisp on the bottom; they may seem slightly undercooked.
- Cool 1 minute on the baking sheet, then remove to paper towels to cool completely.