Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: 500 Treasured Country Recipes
- Yields: About 4 dozen
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 eggs
- 18 oz (3 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift the flour before measuring, then resift with soda and salt. Set aside (I don't have a sifter, so I measure less in the measure cups and blended it with the baking soda and salt with my hand mixer, which I accidentally burned out this morning trying to mix bread dough. Lol)
- In a large bowl combine the butter, sugars, vanilla and water.
- Beat with an electric mixer about 2 minutes, until creamy.
- Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Gradually add the sifted ingredients.
- Beat with an electric mixer about 2 minutes, until very well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoon fulls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 10 – 12 minutes. Do not over-bake.
- Remove from the oven when the cookies are lightly browned and crisp on the bottom; they may seem slightly undercooked.
- Cool 1 minute on the baking sheet, then remove to paper towels to cool completely.