Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 onion, diced
- ¼ lb mushrooms
- ¼ stick margarine
- 1 tsp flour
- ½ cup broth or water
- 1 lb chestnuts, boiled until soft
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup white wine
- Peel and shell chestnuts, then boil for 20–30 minutes.
- Remove any skins left after boiling.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in margarine until soft.
- Add flour and blend then gradually add water, stirring until smooth.
- Add peeled and chopped chestnuts and mix well.
- Flavor with salt and pepper.
- Add wine, heat to boiling, and serve over brown rice.