Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 400g. dried chestnuts
- 75g sultanas
- 600g sweet pastry
- 25g drinking chocolate
- 100g sugar
- pinch cinnamon and cloves
- Wash chestnuts carefully. Soak in plenty of water for 10 hours.
- Put all other ingredients in the pan and bring to the boil.
- Continue cooking till the chestnuts are soft.
- Pass through a sieve.
- Add just a few spoons of the cooking liquid to the pastry, put in the mixture, and cover the top with strips of pastry.
- Bake in a hot oven.till golden