Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Cheshire Cheese - 225g (8 oz) grated,
- butter - 50g (2 oz) softened,
- Ground mace or allspice - tsp,
- Sweet sherry or Madeira - 2 tbsp,
- Melted butter - for sealing.
- Mix the Cheese with the softened butter and spice. The exact amount of butter will depend on how dry or moist the Cheese is.
- Beat thoroughly.
- Add the sherry and mix again.
- Put the mix into small pots or ramekins, pressing it down well and smoothing the tops.
- Cover each with melted butter and store in the refrigerator.
- Remove from the refrigerator about 1 hour before serving. Spread on toast or bread with fruit and celery.