Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Recipe from United Soybean Board
- 2½ quart soybeans, cooked and drained
- 10 oz fresh whole wheat bread crumbs (1¼ qt)
- 2½ cups onions, finely chopped (13 oz)
- ¼ cup garlic, minced (1 oz)
- 1¼ cups carrots, grated (7 oz)
- 1¼ cups soy protein isolates (5 oz)
- ⅔ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2½ tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 2½ tsp salt
- 1¼ tsp ground pepper
- 5 eggs, beaten
- soybean oil as needed
- 24 lemon wedges
- Coarsely mash cooked soybeans until lumpy.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
- Form ⅓-cup portions into patties.
- Cook on a lightly oiled griddle over medium heat until thoroughly heated and browned on both sides.
- Serve 2 cakes per serving with a lemon wedge.
To cook soybeans Edit
- Add 1 pound dry soybeans to 1½ to 2 quarts boiling water; boil 5 minutes.
- Cover pot, remove from heat and let stand 1 hour.
- Drain; add 1½ quarts water.
- Do not add salt at this point or it will delay the softening of the beans.
- Bring beans and water to boil; reduce heat and simmer, with lid tilted on pot, about 3 hours or until beans are tender.
- Yield: 1 to 1½ quarts cooked beans.