Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cherries, Canned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 2 cans red tart cherries with juice
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2½ cups oats
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in saucepan.
- Add undrained cherries.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Set aside.
- Mix oats, flour, baking soda, and brown sugar until crumbly.
- Place half of crumb mixture into 9” x 9” baking pan.
- Pour cooked cherry mixture over crumbs.
- Top with other half of crumbs.
- Bake at 350°F for 30–35 minutes until lightly browned.