Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These almost fatless biscotti-style cookies are idea for dipping in your .
- 1 cup chopped cherries
- 1 cup pistachios
- ⅓ cup rum
- 4 egg whites and 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tbs orange zest
- ⅔ cups sugar
- 1¾ plain flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unprocessed wheat bran
- In a saucepan simmer cherries and rum over medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir and cover to let set for 10 minutes, uncover and cool for 10 minutes.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Stir in wheat bran.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg whites, egg, orange zest, vanilla and almond extracts until smooth.
- whisk in cherry and rum mixture.
- Stir in dry ingredients until well combined.
- Turn dough onto floured work surface and divide in half.
- Flour each half and shape to a log.
- Place logs onto baking sheet and bake until light brown and puffed approx. 20 minutes.
- Cool 10 min. or up to several hours.
- Transfer logs to work surface and cut into biscotti-style pieces.
- Put back in oven for 12 minutes. turn and brown on both sides 6 minutes. each.
- Let cool and store in container or serve warm.