- 1 cup butter or margarine(unsalted butter is best)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cup flour; sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp. water
- 1 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 5 or 6 squares bittersweet or semisweet chocolate,melted
- 2 med. sized bottles maraschino cherries with stems
- cream butter or margarine and Sugar until fluffy; Add flour, vanilla, and water and mix well.
- Form individual balls of dough around each cherry.
- This dough is very soft and easy to work with. Bake on greased cookies sheet at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool on rack, then dip bottom of cookie into melted chocolate, then nuts.
- Let set on paper lined trays.
- Makes 3& 1/2 to 4 dozen cookies & they freeze well
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.