Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Per serving: 160 calories, 1 bread, 1 fruit, and 1 fat exchange
- 16 oz (1) can water-packed sour cherries
- ½ cup sweet milk (recipe below)
- ½ cup packed dates
- ¼ cup light oil
- 2 large eggs, separated
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp low fat soy flour
- 2 tbsp non-fat dry milk powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- Prepare an 8 inch square cake pan. Oil and flour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain waterpacked cherries. After cherries have drained will, measure 1 cup of them and set aside.
- In blender purée together ½ cup sweet milk with ½ cup packed dates.
- Blend oil, egg yolks and applesauce.
- Set aside next to cherries.
- In a small bowl beat 2 egg whites until stiff and set asid.
- In a large bowl combine flours, dry milk, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Stir well.
- Gradually mix blended liquid ingredients into dry ingredients until well moistened.
- Gently stir in cherries. Then fold in the egg whites just until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan and bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- Cool cake to room temperature.
- Refrigerate covered.