Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 10 servings.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 envelope (1 tablespoon) unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 16-ounce can tart pitted cherries (drain; reserve liquid)
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- cherry Sauce
- Combine rice, milk, orange peel and Sugar.
- Cook over medium heat 20 to 25 minutes, or until thick and creamy, stirring occasionally.
- Soften gelatin in cold water. Stir into pudding mixture.
- Add vanilla and drained cherries. Remove from heat and chill until partially set.
- Fold in egg whites. Pour into 2-quart mold or individual molds.
- Chill until set. To serve, unmold and top with cherry Sauce.
- cherry Sauce: Combine liquid drained from cherries with 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Cool and serve over cherry rice cream.
- A little Sugar may be added if cherries are not sweet enough.