Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- This recipe yields about 1 cup of vinaigrette.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- dash salt
- ½ cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- ½ cup cherries
- 1 well-beaten egg
- 1 x 3-ounce package cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream, whipped
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Blend in pineapple juice and cherries.
- Bring to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir until sauce thickens.
- Stir small amount into egg; return to hot mixture.
- Cook about 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Stir cream cheese to soften; gradually beat in cooked mixture.
- Carefully fold in whipped cream for marbled effect.