This recipe came from an estate sale. It was obtained when the family collection was purchased from the Burnett Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1981.
- 21 Ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1 Box Devil's Food chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ Cup water
- ¼ Cup oil
- 2 Teaspoons almond extract
- Generously butter a 12-Cup microwavable fluted tube pan then sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar to coat.
- Evenly spoon half the cherries into the bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl, place remaining pie filling, cake mix, eggs, water, oil and almond extract
- Beat at low speed until moist.
- Beat on medium for 3 minutes then pour into tube pan and microwave uncovered at 50% power for 12 minutes rotating 1/4 turn every 3 minutes.
- Microwave at 100% power for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven then cover tightly with foil and let stand 10 minutes on heat-proof surface.
- Invert cake onto serving plate and allow to stand 1 minute before lifting off tube pan.
- Cool completely.