Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. It was obtained when the family collection was purchased from the Burnett Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1981.
- 21 Ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1 Box Devil's Food chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ Cup water
- ¼ Cup oil
- 2 Teaspoons almond extract
- Generously butter a 12-Cup microwavable fluted tube pan then sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar to coat.
- Evenly spoon half the cherries into the bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl, place remaining pie filling, cake mix, eggs, water, oil and almond extract
- Beat at low speed until moist.
- Beat on medium for 3 minutes then pour into tube pan and microwave uncovered at 50% power for 12 minutes rotating 1/4 turn every 3 minutes.
- Microwave at 100% power for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven then cover tightly with foil and let stand 10 minutes on heat-proof surface.
- Invert cake onto serving plate and allow to stand 1 minute before lifting off tube pan.
- Cool completely.