Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Vaughan Estate in McKinney, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups apple cider
- 6 ounce package cherry flavored gelatin
- 16 ounce can pitted dark sweet cherries
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 3 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup applesauce
- leaf lettuce
- Bring cider to boiling then dissolve gelatin in boiling cider.
- Drain cherries reserving syrup.
- Halve cherries and set aside.
- Add enough water to reserved syrup to measure 1½ cups liquid then stir into gelatin.
- Set aside 2 cups of the gelatin mixture and keep at room temperature.
- Chill remaining gelatin until partially set.
- Fold halved cherries, celery and walnuts into the partially set gelatin.
- Pour into a 6½ cup ring mold and chill until almost firm.
- Gradually add reserved gelatin to softened cream cheese beating until smooth.
- Stir in applesauce.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over cherry layer in mold then chill until firm.
- Unmold onto lettuce lined platter.