A Bangladeshi take on fruits - cherries boiled in water and vinegar and mixed with sugar, real herbs, and spices are the basic dips just made the Bangladeshi way. It is perfect with other meals or snacks and keeps a red-hot aroma with the fruit and vinegar content.
- 25 – 30 sweet-sour cherries, washed and dried
- ½ cup vinegar, white only
- ⅓ cup water, lukewarm only
- ½ teaspoon ginger paste
- ⅓ teaspoon garlic paste
- 3-5 tablespoons sugar, brown or white only
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 dried red chilli, sliced
- Boil the vinegar and water in a pan. Add ginger, garlic and red chilli to it.
- When the mixture starts to boil, add the cherries. Add salt and sugar.
- Let it cook on low-to-moderate heat until the cherries soak all the vinegar and are done. Spoon the fruit-based chutney into a large bowl. Use as the dip or as the accompaniment for any meal.
- Adjust sugar according to the sweetness of cherries and your taste.
- Adjust chilli according to taste.
- Substitute Topa Kool for cherries if you can get it.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 3 cups