Since the recipe says to use 4 x 6 oz custard cups...i assume the recipe is 4 servings. Also, using you favorite healthy carb bread will better the nutrition for you
- Contributed by Gloria at Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From Diabetic Living Diet
- Prep Time: 20 Mins
- Cook Time: 15 Mins
- Total Time: 35 Mins
- cooking spray
- 2 cups bread, whole-grain
- 3 tbsp cherries, dried
- 1 tbsp wheat germ, toasted
- ⅔ cup milk, fat-free
- ¼ cup chocolate, semisweet pieces
- ⅓ cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1 tsp orange peel
- ½ tsp vanilla
- frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- cocoa powder, unsweetened
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Coat four 6-ounce individual soufflé dishes or custard cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide bread cubes, cherries, and wheat germ among the dishes.
- In a small saucepan, combine milk and chocolate.
- Cook and stir over low heat until the chocolate melts; remove from heat.
- If necessary, beat smooth with a wire whisk.
- In a small bowl, gradually stir chocolate mixture into egg product.
- Stir in orange peel and vanilla.
- Pour mixture over bread cubes in the dishes.
- Press lightly with back of spoon to moisten bread.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops appear firm and a knife inserted near the centers comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
- If desired, serve with whipped topping and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Nutritional information Edit
Nutrition per Serving:
- 147 Calories, 2g Saturated Fat, 152 mg Sodium, 4g Total Fat,
- 15g Carbs, 3g Dietary Fiber, 1 mg Cholesterol, 7g Protein
- Exchanges: 1½ other carbs, ½ fat, 1½ carb choices