Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Since the recipe says to use 4 x 6 oz custard cups...i assume the recipe is 4 servings. Also, using you favorite healthy carb bread will better the nutrition for you
- Contributed by Gloria at Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From Diabetic Living Diet
- Prep Time: 20 Mins
- Cook Time: 15 Mins
- Total Time: 35 Mins
- cooking spray
- 2 cups bread, whole-grain
- 3 tbsp cherries, dried
- 1 tbsp wheat germ, toasted
- ⅔ cup milk, fat-free
- ¼ cup chocolate, semisweet pieces
- ⅓ cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1 tsp orange peel
- ½ tsp vanilla
- frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- cocoa powder, unsweetened
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Coat four 6-ounce individual soufflé dishes or custard cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide bread cubes, cherries, and wheat germ among the dishes.
- In a small saucepan, combine milk and chocolate.
- Cook and stir over low heat until the chocolate melts; remove from heat.
- If necessary, beat smooth with a wire whisk.
- In a small bowl, gradually stir chocolate mixture into egg product.
- Stir in orange peel and vanilla.
- Pour mixture over bread cubes in the dishes.
- Press lightly with back of spoon to moisten bread.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops appear firm and a knife inserted near the centers comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
- If desired, serve with whipped topping and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Nutritional information Edit
Nutrition per Serving:
- 147 Calories, 2g Saturated Fat, 152 mg Sodium, 4g Total Fat,
- 15g Carbs, 3g Dietary Fiber, 1 mg Cholesterol, 7g Protein
- Exchanges: 1½ other carbs, ½ fat, 1½ carb choices