A fine combination of cherries and cream cheese is made with graham cracker crumbs, margarine, sugar, and eggs, enriched with vanilla extract, and chilled to fresh perfection. You can make this with other fruits in a cheesecake for selling per slice.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 24 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 21 oz. cherry pie filling (1 can)
- Combine crumbs, brown sugar, and margarine; press onto the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Bake at 325° F for 10 minutes. Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla; pour over crust. Bake at 450° F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250° F; continue baking 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Loosen the cake from the rim of pan; cool before removing the rim of pan.
- Chill; top with pie filling just before serving.