- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Blend in brown sugar and oatmeal.
- Cut in shortening until particles are size of small Peas. Press 1/2 of mixture into bottom of ungreased 9"x13" pan.
- Spread the cans of cherry pie filling.
- Cover with remaining oatmeal mixture. Press down gently with a spoon or your fingers. 350F, 25–30 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.