Cherry contest entry submitted by: Kathleen M. Hooker. Great over grilled ribs or chicken.
- ½ cups sugar
- ¼ lbs sour cherries, pitted
- 6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 tsp hot sauce, or more to taste
- Mix sugar, cherries, vinegar, water, and black pepper in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Continue to cook at a slow boil for about 45 minutes or until thick.
- Remove from heat. Add ketchup, mustard, and hot sauce; mix really well.
- Cool May be placed in freezer containers and frozen until ready to use or keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.