Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by: Mary Ann Lee
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 x 8 oz carton dairy sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh pitted cherries, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp amaretto liqueur
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled amaretto cookies
- 24 whole pitted cherries
- fresh mint leaves for garnish
- In small saucepan, combine gelatin and water.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- In blender container or food processor bowl, combine cooked gelatin,sour cream, sugar, lemon juice and 1 cup of cherries.
- Cover and blend or process until pureed.
- Pour into a large bowl; set aside.
- Beat cream and amaretto liqueur until soft peaks form.
- Remove ½ cup of whipped cream for topping; cover and refrigerate.
- Gently fold remaining whipped cream into cherry mixture.
- Fold in another cup of cut up cherries and the crumbled amaretto cookies.
- Divide mixture among 8 individual serving dishes or parfait glasses.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours or until serving time.
- Before serving, top each with a dollop of remaining whipped cream and 3 whole cherries garnish with fresh mint leaves.