This recipe came from an estate sale. It was obtained when the family collection was purchased from the Burnett Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1981.
- 1 Teaspoon butter
- ¼ Cup slivered almonds
- 12 Ounce jar cherry preserves
- 2 Tablespoons white corn syrup
- ¼ Cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ Teaspoon cloves
- In a pie plate, place butter and almonds
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes until toasted.
- Set aside.
- In a 1½ quart casserole, stir together preserves, corn syrup, vinegar, salt,cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- Cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes, stirring well after 4 minutes.
- Stir in toasted almonds just before glazing.