Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 10 to 12 servings
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup Hershey's cocoa
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling, divided
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom only of 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Stir together butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl.
- Add eggs; using spoon, beat well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake is set.
- Cake is fudgey and will not test done.
- Remove from oven; cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in medium bowl until well blended; gradually fold in whipped topping, blending well.
- Spread over top of cake.
- Spread 1 cup cherry pie filling over cream layer; refrigerate several hours.
- With knife, loosen cake from side of pan; remove side of pan.
- Cut into wedges; garnish with remaining pie filling.
- Cover; refrigerate leftover dessert.