Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Try this the next time you make sweet potatoes.
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 3½ lb sweet potatoes, canned or fresh
- 1 lb tart cherries, drained
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- ⅔ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp butter or regular margarine
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ lb marshmallows
- If using raw sweet potatoes, pare and cut into clices ½ to ¾ inch thick. If you are using canned sweet potatoes, drain them before cooking.
- Place in a saucepan and add 1 cup of water; cook until tender.
- Using 1 tablespoon of butter, grease a 9 x 13 x 2-Inch baking pan; add the sweet potatoes and cherries.
- Combine the remaining ingredients (except the marshmallows) in a saucepan and cook until you have a thin syrup.
- Pour the syrup over the sweet potatoes and cherries.
- Bake in a 350°F. Oven For 30 minutes or until the syrup thickens.
- Just before serving, top with marshmallows and return to the oven to brown.